Nyssa is an intellectual property lawyer, writer, humanitarian, global citizen, technologist, explorer, and founder of the award-winning travel website, The Cultureur.
Originally from Southern California, Nyssa has lived, studied, and worked around the world—Paris, Los Angeles, Orange County, New Delhi, London, San Diego, Seattle, Berlin, with briefer stints in Marburg, Mussoorie, and Reykjavik—and traveled to 50+ others.
TRAVEL — Often consulted for her thoughts about travel and tourism trends and the changing landscape of luxury travel, she has been featured in AFAR Magazine, TripAdvisor, Orbitz, India Today, Travel Time Magazine, The Address Magazine, USA Today, among others.
Prior to law school, she spent some years in diplomacy and international development at the U.S. Department of State. Additionally, she was a Fulbright Scholar in Germany and received a B.A. from the University of California, San Diego, an MSc from the London School of Economics, and a J.D. from the University of Washington.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), University of California San Diego (UCSD)
- Master of Science (MSc), London School of Economics (LSE)
- Doctor of Law (JD), University of Washington
- Fulbright Scholar, U.S. Department of State, Journalism, Germany
- FLAS Fellow, U.S. Department of Education, French
- CIPP/US (in progress)
- Level 1, Court of Sommeliers (in progress)
- Digital Media Marketing, New York University
- The Marketing Seminar, Seth Godin
- TRAVEL: USA Today, AFAR Magazine, Huffington Post, The Address Magazine, India Today, Travel Time Magazine, Orbitz, TripAdvisor, and more
- LEGAL: Technology and Marketing Law Blog, ABA Trademark Newsletter
- Seattle Clemency Project (Volunteer Attorney)
- Washington Lawyers for the Arts (Board Member)
- Law School Transparency (Advisor)
- ECPAT USA
- Kiva (Investor)
- Creator/Organizer, Hospitality and Travel Law Symposium
- thecultureur.com — luxury travel and culture for the modern global citizen